2020, start of a new decade and today is January 1st, there is nothing better than getting up early on new year morning and write about my plan.
So last year, I had lots of plan and managed to finish just about 50% of it, hope that I will get a better number this year.
On technical side, I have two big projects for this year: buiding an OS and DB from scratch.
Now to a more detail plan:
Courses I want to take
- MIT 6.828: Operating system
- MIT 18.03: Differential equation
- CMU 15-721: Advanced database systems
Programming languages I want to learn
- modern CPP
- Advance data structure in Haskell
- WebAssembly, I still have not decided what to do with WebAssembly, but maybe implement a WebAssembly loader in one of the programming languages that I learnt.
- React implementation(especially fiber and concurrent mode)
- Compiler tooling(LLVM, GNU utilities)
Books I want to read
- Database Internals: A Deep Dive into How Distributed Data Systems Work
- Streaming Systems
- Operating Systems: Three Easy Pieces
- Brain rules for baby
- 2 books per month
- More writing
This is way less heavy than last year but I want to have a feasible plan.
And let’s get started.